Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

31 Days of Life---Day 6

In my Bible reading today my question for the day was about facing addictions. Being totally honest here, I have several addictions. I'm addicted to Facebook, Pepsi, Mountain Dew Icees, Fudge Rounds...do you see a trend. I have been back on Weight Watchers for almost two weeks. It's a struggle, but class makes me accountable.

But my greatest struggle isn't with food. It's putting Bible study before Facebook surfing. Today I prayed for the many prayer requests I saw posted on Facebook but as I read my Bible after surfing I came across this verse in Psalm 109:30. It says, "With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng I will praise Him." Verse 21 says, "But you, O Sovereign Lord, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me."

I need someone to keep me accountable that I read and do my Bible study before Facebook. As I think about what my mission on Facebook is I believe I need to be posting more verses and encouragement. Yes, my family is crazy and I don't mind to tell it on there but I think I can help others with a daily verse. An accountability factor that I've had to study and read before I can post it.

Have you read today? What verse stuck out to you?

No comments: