Ragú has some awesome new recipes they have been promoting on the Ragú Facebook page and on Ragú's official website. I was recently challenged by Ragú to prepare an "Official New Tra-Dish." I was provided a recipe and a gift card to use to purchase Ragú Old World Style Traditional Sauce of my choice. Each jar of Ragú Old World Traditional Sauce is packed with 11 juicy tomatoes, making it richer, thicker and just taste better.
Having four kids I always have help in the kitchen. We decided since we had never tried this particular recipe to keep it as it is, except we used fiesta cheese instead of mozzarella. The challenge was to make it fit my busy life style and our eating habits.
The recipe is below and you can find the nutritional value here Ragu No Frying Chicken Parmesan.
- ¾ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 ibs.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Fiesta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture; turn to coat.
- Arrange the chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Pour Pasta Sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Just a side note before I poured the pasta sauce over the chicken, I removed the chicken from the pan, poured out the chicken juices, then put the chicken back in the pan. Then I poured the sauce over it and put the cheese on top. I wanted to be able to use the sauce that dripped off also and didn't want it to have the chicken juices in it.
Dinner was a success. We placed it on a bed of spaghetti with brussel sprouts on the side. Even my pickiest child who doesn't like tomato based sauces loved it. This is a keeper on my menu plan. Ragu has a lot of great tasting sauces and this meal would go great with any of them.
Moms this is a quick easy meal that your kids will love. Give it try this week for dinner.
Disclaimer: I was compensated with a gift card to purchase the Ragu sauce of my choice for this meal. The recipe was supplied by Ragu and I could have changed it if I had wanted to. All opinions in this post are mine.