Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What Do Your Feet Look Like





"How beautiful the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:15 (NIV)


One of my favorite songs is How Beautiful by Twila Paris. I've sang it many times for Lord's Supper, weddings and Mikie's cousin Tiffany sang it our wedding while Mikie and I shared our first Lord's Supper as a married couple.

The focal line is Romans 10:15 "How beautiful the feet of those who bring good news!"

Our family has been talking a lot lately about where God wants us. We're pretty sure that school and job wise we are were we are supposed to be for the time being. But since going back to work I haven't been able to serve like I did as a SAHM.

Maggie got in the car today telling me of a little boy in her class that she is going to tell about God tomorrow on the playground. She is always telling us how she is going to be a missionary when she grows up and go serve somewhere over seas. She plans to be a large animal vet so she is sure God will send her to Africa, after all someone's got to take care of those elephants.

She was excited because this little boy has never heard of God. He doesn't know Him or anything about Him. As she talked I continued to remember the verses that came on the screen after the "Go Ye Therefore" Banquet the other night.

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'" Romans 10:14-15 (NIV)

Those verses hit me like a ton of bricks the other night. "How can my kids call on Christ and preach it to others," (my paraphrase) unless they see me do it.

We haven't been called to go sell our home and move to be missionaries as some of our friends have, but we have been called to be missionaries right where we are. I firmly believe that God moved my kids three weeks into the school year to another school for His purpose. I see it everyday.

I may not be able to serve in the same capacities that I used to but I can serve right where I am, even in the check out line at Wal-Mart.

Mattie and I wear sandals all year long and our feet are always dirty. But they are beautiful to Christ when we share the Good News.

I want to always have beautiful feet and more than anything I could ever want for my kids is for their feet to be beautiful too.

Have you looked at your feet lately? Are they dirty or beautiful?

Have you heard the Good News? If not I'd love to share it with you!

4 comments:

wrongextension2000 said...

Michelle,
I really enjoy reading your blog. But I especially enjoyed this post. Thank you for reminding me that my feet need to be beautiful at all times!

wrongextension2000 said...

Forgot to leave my name!!!
This is Tracey (Hendee) Willis.

mommyto4mjs said...

Tracey, thanks for reading and letting me know who you are.

krissy31 said...

love you blogs :)