Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cars 2 Review

Today, the kids and I took my parents to see Cars 2. We had given Papaw handmade tickets for this movie for Father's Day so we were making good on our IOU. Let me say, we woke Papaw twice in the first 15 minutes of the movie. Of course, bless his heart, he had eaten a tub of popcorn during the 20 minutes that we sat in the theater waiting on the movie to start, so a nap was imminent.

We didn't see it in 3D, although I don't think it would make a difference. The beginning is slow, so slow that I was thinking the entire time of how much money I had wasted compared to if we had just waited and bought it on DVD. I must say, however, after the action started I was pleasantly surprised.

It's nothing like the first movie, so lower your expectations before you go. But if you like suspense, drama, and spies you should enjoy this one. I don't want to give away too much about the plot. Mater is the primary actor in this movie and there are several new cars. There is a lot of action, some of which could be scary for the younger crowd.

It does have two good morals. One, no matter what people say or think about you, what you do and think is more important. You can always do good for others, even if they don't think so. Moral two is that the dents of friendship are more important than being perfect.

The kids talked about how good it was and were glad we had went to see it. I had high expectations for it to be as awesome as the first so I was a little disappointed.

Would I watch it again? Not at the theater. Will I buy the DVD? Of course, cause the kids liked it. Would I recommend you run to the theater and see it? Only if you go during the $5.00 matinee time.

Disclaimer:
This is my personal opinion. I was not given any kind of payment for my review. Actually I paid quite a bit to be able give my personal review.  :)

No comments: