If you're local and interested in going with us, let me know, so I can give you the full details. You can click on any of the links for more information about the activity.
In no particular order, here is our Summer 2016 Bucket List.
- Repack the new house and list it to sale. Yea, I know this one needs more details. They are coming soon. Our really fun bucket list items will only take place if this accomplished. Let's get to work!
- Vacation Bible School
- Safety Patrol trip to Washington, D.C.
- A wedding reception in Abingdon, Virginia along with some sight-seeing.
- Youth choir tour to Southern Ohio.
- 4-H Camp
- National Beta Convention in New Orleans
- Yearly dental and doctor visits.
- Days at the pool
- Pioneer Camp at Davy Crockett in Limestone is an exciting day of 1800's Appalachian Frontier Heritage. When we've attended this in the past the kids have made corn husk dolls, participated in archery, thrown a tomahawk, started a fire, wove a basket, spun yarn, and watched a musket being loaded and fired. There are other activities also, a campground, picnic area and a pool. We usually eat down by the riverside. Um, sorry, if that song gets stuck in your head.
- While we may be a little old to ride at Safety City Knoxville we always manage to find some younger friends to accompany. The kids love hanging out with the younger kids and I enjoy the mom time. We like to go early, then eat lunch at the playground, and finish up with the Splash Pad Fountains at World's Fair Park.
- One Wednesday, this summer we are going to the Market Square Farmer's Market. There is a splash pad there also.
- The day we go to the Market Square Farmer's Market we are also going to the WDVX Blue Plate Special. A free concert at the Knoxville Visitor's Center.
- We hope to be able to attend the July concert performed on The Mighty Wurlitzer at the Tennessee Theatre. The performances take place the first Monday of each month at noon.
- I haven't been to the drive-in movie since I was in college. Those were the days. So one Friday or Saturday evening, we are filling the back of the truck with lawn chairs, sleeping bags, and pillows, and heading out for a triple feature at the Parkway Drive In located in Maryville.
- We hope to take a Ranger led night hike at Cades Cove. I can't find the link to the dates right now. As soon as I find them I will post it.
- Mother Hen's Hatchery is also on our bucket list, followed by a stop at Yoder's Country Market for a few pounds of Lucky Charm marshmallows, homemade bread, and a pie or two. Yea, it's not Paleo. A girl can have regrets can't she.
- The Cumberland Gap National Park and Abraham Lincoln Museum at Lincoln Memorial University is also on our list. Of course that also means a visit with our awesome friends the Wrights.
- Finally, on our list is the Children's Museum of Oak Ridge.